Migrating Email to the Cloud
The VAT Consultancy are an award-winning tax advisor. They help clients reduce the cost of VAT and duties, simplify procedures and ensure compliance.
They were established over 20 years ago, and operate independently. Their clients are companies listed on the FTSE 100, Fortune 500, AIM and Fast Track 100. They also advise leading charities and local authorities.
Their team of consultants are regularly on the move in the UK and around the world. Accessing email seamlessly wherever they are is crucial to ensure effective use of their time. They also need to maintain a highly professional impression in front of their clients.
- The company’s existing email server was complex and expensive to look after.
- The ever-increasing volume of email was slowing their server down.
- Connecting to email from outside the office was fiddly and unreliable.
We migrated The VAT Consultancy’s email, calendars and contacts from their internal Exchange server into the cloud:
- We utilised our structured project management methodology
- There was no disruption to their ongoing business
- Email was migrated ‘behind the scenes’ in phases
- We reconfigured all desktop and mobile devices
- We provided enhanced support throughout the project
- We decommissioned the old server
The VAT Consultancy were able to make immediate savings of over 45% on monthly IT support costs.
By utilising the power of Office 365, they bypassed their old server resulting in greatly improved email performance.
The company now has much greater capacity in their email system.
Office 365 allows The VAT Consultancy to instantly scale their email system up and down. This means that their business is more agile.
The company no longer needs to budget for significant future capital expenditure to keep their email system up to date.
How It Feels
We talked to Julie Park, The VAT Consultancy’s Managing Director to get her feedback on the project:
“I have been very impressed with the service we have had from Evolve since switching recently. During this time we have gone through a fair amount of transformation from an IT perspective and it has all been handled extremely well and with sensitivity to us running our business.
In addition we had good recommendations on strategy showing an understanding of our needs as a business (we hadn’t had this previously). My team has made positive unprompted comments to me about their dealings with Evolve – again this is a first as any unprompted feedback on IT historically tended to be negative”